No-Bake Granola Bars
Author: Rena Tuchinsky
Recipe type: Breakfast/Snack
Serves: 10 Bars
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup brown rice crispies
- Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients, except for the rice crispies, in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the coconut oil and honey. Bring to medium high heat and allow to boil. It will begin to bubble a lot. Lower heat and let bubble for about 2 minutes, then add in vanilla. Pour in the dry ingredients. Stir to coat everything while on medium heat. Remove from heat and mix in the rice crispies.
- Pour mixture into the lined pan. Put another piece of the parchment paper over the pan and press down. Do this for a little while till you are sure it is tightly compact.
- Place in fridge overnight or freezer for 15 minutes then cut into 10 bars.
These hold together best when cold. Therefore eat right out of fridge, or you can store them in the freezer and take them to go so they will hold together when eaten later.