When reheating, reheat just until warmed. You do not want to heat it to the point of re-cooking as that will result in tough eggs. Feel free to try this recipe using different veggies and/or only whole eggs or only egg whites. Make it your own!
Make Ahead Frittata
Author: Rena Tuchinsky
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 handful of kale or spinach, chopped
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease a round 8 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and sauté 5 minutes till softened. Add the mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes. Lower heat and add the chopped kale and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Once wilted, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs with the remaining spices and milk.
- Place the sautéed vegetables in the baking dish. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and sprinkle on the feta cheese, if using.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked through and firm to the touch.
Cut into wedges and serve in a pita or on its own. Enjoy as is, or top with some salsa or ketchup for you ketchup lovers out there.