Whole Grain Blueberry Loaf
Author: Rena Tuchinsky
Recipe type: Breakfast/Snack
Serves: 12 Slices
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour or 80% whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil of choice
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, milk, oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix just till combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Slice and enjoy with your morning coffee!