To see more recipes in our magazine CLICK HERE!
Butternut Squash Kale Salad
Author: Naomi Hazan
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1½ cups roasted butternut squash
- ½ medium red onion, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3½ tablespoons maple syrup
- Black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Cube fresh butternut squash and bake on 350°F for 20 minutes until tender. Once baked, set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl massage the washed and stemmed kale leaves for 5 minutes until slightly wilted. This will prevent a woody texture and will allow the dressing to adhere to the kale.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and mix with kale.
- Top with the roasted squash, red onion, and sunflower seeds.