To see more recipes from Bayis CLICK HERE!
Quinoa Minestrone Soup
Author: Rena Tuchinsky
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen or fresh cut green beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 cups water
- ⅓ cup quinoa
- 1 15oz can northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt pinch of black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add in zucchini and green beans and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, quinoa, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Once quinoa has cooked add in the beans, salt and pepper. Cook another 15 minutes.