Creamy Fettuccine with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Author: Rena Tuchinsky
Recipe type: Pasta, Dairy
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles, boiled and drained
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup sweet white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups light cream or half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Shake of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place the cubed sweet potato on a baking sheet and toss with the oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix once during that time for even baking. Once removed, sprinkle on some salt and set aside.
- Heat the butter on medium heat till melted. Then add in the nutmeg and allspice. Allow to become fragrant and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the white wine and let simmer for about 3 minutes. Then add in the cream, salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Watch that it does not boil.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and sweet potatoes before serving.