Enter our FREE WIG GIVEAWAY HERE!
Crispy Oven-Baked Potato Latkes
Author: Rena Tuchinsky
Serves: 24 Latkes
- 5 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- Olive oil spray or any non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grate the potatoes and onion.
- Mix in the olive oil, egg, salt and pepper.
- Spray your disposable muffin/cupcake baking pan well with cooking spray. Use a heaping tablespoon to distribute the mixture. Do not use all the liquid in the bowl, just a little, otherwise squeeze out most of it. Do not fill the cupcake pan too high. You want them to be flatter just like regular latkes.
- After they are all in, press them down a bit then spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the tops are browned a little. Time needed may vary.
- Allow to cool and use a spoon to go around the edges and under the latkes to lift out of the pan.
If the tops aren't browning for you, put the oven on broil for a few minutes and the tops should brown nicely.