Crockpot Honey Mustard Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
Author: Rena Tuchinsky
Recipe type: Chicken
- 4 chicken bottoms, leg and thigh separated
- 3 large potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into slices on a diagonal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Place the potatoes on one side of the crockpot and the carrots on the other. Then place the chicken pieces in the middle and on top of the vegetables.
- Shake on the salt and pepper.
- Mix together the garlic, honey, mustard, and curry powder and pour evenly over the chicken and vegetables. Use a spoon to mix the sauce through the vegetables a bit.
- Turn the chicken pieces skin side down.*
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-9 hours. It may still need to go on high for the last hour or so to be sure everything is really nice and soft. (I also like to remove the skin before serving.)
* Putting the chicken skin side down ensures that the chicken will get all the flavor instead of the bones. You may want to push everything down into the sauce during the last hour of cooking as some of the top bits may not be soft enough yet.