Crockpot Turkey Chili with Cornbread
- 500 grams (1 lb) ground turkey
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can white beans
- ½ can corn or ¾ cups frozen corn
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons each of cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon each of allspice, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup flour, (white whole wheat works as well)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 eggs
- Spray the crockpot with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Press the ground turkey into the bottom of the pot and shake on all the spices.
- Top with the beans, corn, tomatoes, and water. Stir.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- After that time has passed, uncover and mix breaking up the turkey into smaller pieces.
- Mix together the cornbread topping and pour it evenly over the chili.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until fully cooked through.
- Scoop, serve and enjoy!