Triple Chocolate Hamantaschen
Author: Rena Tuchinsky
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 20 Large Hamantaschen
- ⅔ cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups flour, plus more if needed
- ½ cup finely chopped chocolate
- 1 cup of your favorite chocolate spread
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Whisk the oil, sugar and vanilla. Add in the eggs and whisk till combined.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, being sure to remove any lumps.
- Add in the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix together using a spoon. The dough should easily come together into a ball. It may require more flour, but be sure you do not add too much. You want it slightly sticky to ensure the edges stay closed.
- Lightly flour the surface you will be rolling the dough out on. Roll out the dough to ¼-½ an inch thickness. Sprinkle the finely chopped chocolate all over the dough. Roll the rolling pin over the dough once to push the chocolate into the dough.
- Use the rim of a glass cup or round cookie cutter to cut rounds of the dough. Place onto the baking sheet then place two teaspoons of chocolate spread in the center of the circle. Pinch together the top and then bottom two corners creating a triangular shape.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
I do not suggest that you refrigerate this dough. It takes seconds to put together making it simple to prepare right before you need it. It can sit out room temperature for a bit as well until you use it.